9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : The Greatest Pokemon EVER!!!
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/0/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Barrier
- Mirror Coat

Set 2 : The Greatest Pokemon EVER 2.0!!!
Ability: Suction Cups
Nature: Careful
Item: Leftovers
IV Spread: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Barrier
- Curse

Progress

In Quality Control Testing

Last edited by cmzoid on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:23 am; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:45 pm

If your going 0 Spe you should go Sassy or Relaxed(in the case of the latter consider Curse over Barrier) don't understand why some people do neutral nature w/ 0 Spe o_o

Other than that don't know too much on Cradily as never used it so best to wait for more opinions.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:00 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
If your going 0 Spe you should go Sassy or Relaxed(in the case of the latter consider Curse over Barrier) don't understand why some people do neutral nature w/ 0 Spe o_o

Other than that don't know too much on Cradily as never used it so best to wait for more opinions.

I forgot to put the other potential nature if I was going 0 speed. I really don't think its slow enough to go 0 speed, as it still outruns some super slow things... But this thing can counter a Kyogre* its that great!!!

*Kyogre must be choice locked into a water-type move
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:22 pm

This thing can also run a curse set. Sassy. And this one should be bold or maybe even calm.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
This thing can also run a curse set. Sassy. And this one should be bold or maybe even calm.

I take that as a go-ahead for 8 Lileep sets! One Bold, one Calm, one Sassy running curse, each with a physical or special set, plus 2 hidden power ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:28 pm

No, let's not bring down any admin wrath.

Actually, I'm wondering if a calm and bold with curse on the calm is the way to go. Keeps the speed for specially defensive and doesn't really affect the curse set.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm with Bunsel on this one
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:36 pm

So, I'm thinking I'll go with the 6IV Bold set with the original details. For the other set, should it be Calm or Sassy, given that the speed will be cut with curse anyway, should I go the whole way and get as small as possible speed? Also, are the egg moves good?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Nah, I think Calm is best, so if someone decides not to use Curse, their speed isn't ruined.

And even when you use Curse, you don't really WANT a low speed, it's just a side effect to increasing your attack and defense (in this case, at least).
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:46 pm

I just realized why I never went curse in the first place. Barrier increases it's defense faster, and it gets very few physical attacks that I never invested in its attack stat, even though its the same as its special attack.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:20 pm

It gets EdgeQuake. And I just realized that seed bomb is a tutor move. With recover and curse it can really get some boosts going.

I'm not sold on moves like barrier or amnesia, maybe others have better success. I'll go for stockpile occasionally.

In any case, bold and calm.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Yeah.... bold and calm. I think barrier can be a good option to cover the defense, but curse could really be useful for boosting EdgeQuake still improving defense. I'm with Bunsel.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:31 pm

But is seed bomb still a tutor move?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:54 pm

rafakp wrote:
But is seed bomb still a tutor move?

Yeah... I can hope it comes back in OR/AS... but as of now I'm going to breed assuming we don't get them (and because then I have an excuse to have yet another Lileep of greatness Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:11 pm

Someone is lileep-addicted beyond possible lol
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:13 pm

If we're going for a curse set, shouldn't the nature be careful so the attack isn't decreased?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:21 pm

ed819 wrote:
If we're going for a curse set, shouldn't the nature be careful so the attack isn't decreased?

You would really think so... (rushes to edit)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Yeah sorry, bold and careful.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Isn't calm better than bold if the second one will be careful?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:32 pm

I'm loving the lileep love Very Happy

(or is this just me being a bad set maker...)

Starting the poll over and adding Calm, Careful, and Bold as options, getting rid of both, unless someone really really wants it *raises hand*
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:23 am

I was figuring on making a Physically defensive, Specially defensive, and being able to turn the Specially Defensive into a Curse set if one wanted. But Calm is fine I guess. One of those weird situations.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:38 am

I know it already gets Recover and Giga Drain is a tutor-only move. But it does get Mega Drain for additional recovery. Are we considering Mega Drain?
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 am

It should learn Giga Drain through level up... Mega Drain would do it good, but I think Recover is a safer move.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:17 am

Giga drain is tutor only, and mega drain is garbage. With recover, it's not a big deal, as giga drain probably won't be dealing enough damage anyway. Recover is always better.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:35 am

I think Sassy should go with the second set since Physical Cradily should only be used w/ Curse imo also base 43 Spe is nothing to write home about and you can then run a possible special move if you wanted to not that you should but it allows it to be used in TR. Also you can consider Suction cups for the 2nd one as it does prevent phasing.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:41 am

The only thing is that I think most of us are going to be running specially defensive, and 43 is enough to get the jump on a lot of walls. Curse is more for something to do when bored, and isn't the crux of the set, making that I think giving this thing immunity to water is more useful than phaze prevention. Especially since we don't have access to seed bomb.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:25 pm

I am perfectly fine flooding the market Very Happy. The only way I've ever actually used Cradily is going the specially defensive route, but now because of selfish reasons... I want the other to win >.> More Cradily for everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:51 pm

What I suggest is you make 2 sets. One bold with mirror coat and Storm Drain, one careful with curse and Suction Cups.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Why Suction Cups?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Because I like Suction Cups. It can be very useful on baton pass teams. And if you manage to use Curse 2-3 times, people might want to try to phaze you away, so it's a cool ability to have.

And mostly, if we're going to have 2 sets, I think we should have both abilities, since both are useful even if Storm Drain is generally better.
Back to top Go down
GClaws
Breeder
GClaws

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:02 pm

rafakp wrote:
Why Suction Cups?

As BlueDryBones1 said its to prevent Cradily being phased out if using a Curse set to keep its boosts.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:03 pm

In that light, should we forego the bold set altogether? Specially defensive seems to be better.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
In that light, should we forego the bold set altogether? Specially defensive seems to be better.

So calm and careful and just run with those? The market shall soon be flooded with amazing Lileep!!!
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:09 pm

*Insert insightful mention of Lileep's possible sets*

But all i really know is that its a sea lily Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

No, Careful lowers special attack (for the curse set), so we also need a defensive set with special attack, so either Bold or Calm.

Edit: Not sure if you meant "forget the bold set and have only the careful set" or if you meant "let's have careful and calm". If you meant careful and calm, well, it just depends which one people prefer... I think I prefer Bold but any of the two is fine I guess.

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Oh... forget about it. I misundertood its function  Razz 
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

No, Careful lowers special attack (for the curse set), so we also need a defensive set with special attack, so either Bold or Calm.

Edit: Not sure if you meant "forget the bold set and have only the careful set" or if you meant "let's have careful and calm". If you meant careful and calm, well, it just depends which one people prefer... I think I prefer Bold but any of the two is fine I guess.

Shhh.... I'm just failing at editing... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:38 pm

I meant if we're going to do suction cups for careful, we can't really use it defensively anymore, so I was thinking drop bold.

Curse isn't really that good yet without seed bomb, we don't need it at least until move tutor time.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm just going to stand back and let people suggest what people think the egg moves should be... I'm confused at this point.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:05 pm

I'm confused at what Bunsel is saying...

Basically what I understand from it is "careful curse set is bad, so let's drop the bold set", which doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Clarification time. Careful with suction cups (for a curse set) does not double as specially defensive. Therefore if we do a curse set, we have to choose between calm and bold. Cradily's special defense is higher and it has an immunity to water, so I thought the specially defensive set was better. My comment about curse not being good yet was a suggestion to drop careful and do two defensive sets, one specially and one physically if people want to do that.

3 viable sets, and we can only choose two. That's what I'm saying here.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Clarification time. Careful with suction cups (for a curse set) does not double as specially defensive. Therefore if we do a curse set, we have to choose between calm and bold. Cradily's special defense is higher and it has an immunity to water, so I thought the specially defensive set was better. My comment about curse not being good yet was a suggestion to drop careful and do two defensive sets, one specially and one physically if people want to do that.

Hurray!!! I finally understand! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:03 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

Hurray!!! I finally understand! Very Happy

Or... I don't. I just realized the reason it wasn't making sense to me. Calm and Bold both lower Cradily's attack stat, which is why it never made sense for them to run curse, which is why I didn't breed them that way. Careful and Impish should replace Calm and Bold for the other sets if we are going physical. I went special with my Lileep, which is why I originally proposed for Calm and Bold... Now I understand (until I notice another flaw, and post again)
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 pm

I had understood that the suction cups lileep with curse would be careful and the other one (Storm drain) either bold or calm.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:16 pm

rafakp wrote:
I had understood that the suction cups lileep with curse would be careful and the other one (Storm drain) either bold or calm.

This is why I'm so confused... people are saying different things. From what I've gathered at this point... people are talking about 6 different sets, 3 sets with 2 variations each...
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

I think the misunderstanding is here. In the 3rd sentence. Before, he says clearly that one set could be Careful with suction cups for the curse set. Then, he says that if we decide to do a curse set, we would have to choose either calm or bold for the 2nd set. Idk... was this the problem?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Zoid give the Calm/Bold set Barrier and the Careful set Curse. The other 3 moves should probably stay the same.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Make one careful with curse and suction cups, and one calm without curse and with storm drain. Looking back at the comments and the votes I think it's the best thing to do.

And I think the careful set should have both barrier and curse, so that people can choose. Drop mirror coat.

(I'm going to edit your thread because I see you put curse on the bold/calm set which doesn't make sense... I'm editting it to what I'm saying.)
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
(I'm going to edit your thread because I see you put curse on the bold/calm set which doesn't make sense... I'm editting it to what I'm saying.)

That's because I had edited it multiple times already, and was confused so I was just waiting for confirmation.

You violated poor Lileep Sad
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:42 am

cmzoid wrote:
You violated poor Lileep Sad

Sad lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Lileep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Lileep   [Finished] Lileep Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Lileep
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next