Bunselpower
Dragon-Flower
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 8:59 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : El Mole
Ability: Mold Breaker?
Nature: Jolly
Item: Assault Vest
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power:Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Crush Claw
- Iron Defense
- Skull Bash
- Submission

GO AWAY BLUE

Last edited by Dragon-Flower on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am

How about air balloon for item? And I think we could do a sand rush one, but getting one isn't that hard, so it's up to the community.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:08 am

I would definitely go with an Adamant nature.

We couls make an Assault Vest, Adamant, Mold Breaker set, and an Adamant Sand Rush set with another item.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:10 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I would definitely go with an Adamant nature.

We couls make an Assault Vest, Adamant, Mold Breaker set, and an Adamant Sand Rush set with another item.

I'm gonna need to stress Jolly's importance on this one. Excadrill has Swords Dance for power, Sand Rush sets could live with Adamant however the Jolly HA ones prefer the extra speed far more. Getting the jump on Pinsir pre-mega evolving with Rock Slide is very important in many battles I've used it in as well as fully invested Rotom-W and Hs.

I personally use Lum Berry on this as in my opinion its the best item for it. However we all have one so Air Balloon might be the way to go.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:17 am

This is an Assault Vest set though. Assault Vest set needs Adamant. If we decide to make a fully offensive set instead of AV, then it can be Jolly. But with AV the best nature is definitely Adamant.

So, Dragon, you could make a poll to choose between AV and full offensive?

Anyway they're both the exact same set except the nature and item so it's really easy to breed one using the other, so it's useless to make both.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:18 am

I suggested Assault Vest because smogon suggested it on its main page lol, i don't know about the item too much (i suck at giving good items to pokemon). I'll make a poll now.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:19 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
This is an Assault Vest set though. Assault Vest set needs Adamant. If we decide to make a fully offensive set instead of AV, then it can be Jolly. But with AV the best nature is definitely Adamant.

So, Dragon, you could make a poll to choose between AV and full offensive?

Anyway they're both the exact same set except the nature and item so it's really easy to breed one using the other, so it's useless to make both.

I would never use AV with Excadrill though. Thats not the way it should be used imo.

Though I'm mainly banking off the success of my own Jolly+Mold Breaker Excadrill and how important that speed was in many of its matchups. I tried AV once but never liked it as much due to how much power was lost and the utility of Toxic/SD

Been using that set since the birth of the team and got up to 2100s around the time mega luke and mega khan were viable. Dont know if thats high or not back in the day but Excadrill was a key member of that team just the way he was which was Jolly+Mold Breaker. Ran Toxic on it back in the day though but it was super important especially for that Pinsir scenario I brung up. Otherwise it can outspeed and take you out w/ EQ for a Moxie boost then Mega Evolve.

Also Air Ballon Jolly Excadrill can beat Pinsir pre-mega pretty much guranteed due to outspeeding non-mega and if it mega's it'll be OHKOd by Rock Slide. Post mega it can probably live a Return as it'll have to break its Ballon to use EQ.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:24 am

Can't know until you've tried it, right? I haven't (mostly because i've never used Excadrill), but both PokeBattle and Smogon list the AV set first in their strategy dex, so I'll take a wild guess and say it must be viable. Can't say I'm a big Smogon fan, but their sets are usually pretty good if you adapt them correctly to your team.

Anyway we'll just vote and see...
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:33 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Can't say I'm a big Smogon fan, but their sets are usually pretty good if you adapt them correctly to your team.

That can't be true... if they are good if adapted correctly... then all the blame falls back on me O.O LIES!!!

Last edited by cmzoid on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:36 am

Hey, you left out the most important part of that quote: I CAN'T SAY I'm a big Smogon fan.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:38 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Hey, you left out the most important part of that quote: I CAN'T SAY I'm a big Smogon fan.

My mouse failed me lol
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:40 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:

lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:43 am

Did you run swords Dance on it bones? If so, that could be the reason. Assault vest is for an offensive spinner, which it can definitely run. I never thought about assault vest, but it kinda makes sense.

It's all about how it's played. I say we do an adamant and jolly, both HA,that way we get both sets. Sand rush isn't that hard to get.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:47 am

What Bunsel said works for me
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:49 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Did you run swords Dance on it bones? If so, that could be the reason. Assault vest is for an offensive spinner, which it can definitely run. I never thought about assault vest, but it kinda makes sense.

It's all about how it's played. I say we do an adamant and jolly, both HA,that way we get both sets. Sand rush isn't that hard to get.

My Excadrill throughout the history of my main team

Excadrill @ Lum Berry
Jolly
Mold Breaker
4HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Toxic/Swords Dance

Toxic has been used the most by far to catch Gorgeist trying to Will-O-Wisp and Hippowdown switch ins which were more common back in the day. I use SD more nowadays though due to the rise of Unaware Clefable usage.

BTW main team referrign to the team you and Madem faced. The only change the team experienced ever was a shift in Chandelure's EVs for more bulk w/ AV and a often switch between those 2 moves for Exca.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:54 am

Hmm... It's speed is 88,so that is pretty good. That kinda does seem like a waste, I'm gonna have to think about this. It may break the assault vest mold.

The important question is whether the set was built around assault vest or the assault vest was added to the set. The first way needs adamant, the second needs jolly.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:07 am

Just make one Adamant and one Jolly, both with HA, like Bunsel said
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:09 am

Oh yeah, I did say that! Go me!
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Just to make sure i'd be 100% done, the second drilbur would be identical to the first drilbur in everything except nature yes?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:25 pm

yeah i think so
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Great! I get a 6IV and a 5IV perfect in the same Batch..................my luck is good but i think it's trying to screw me over lol
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:57 pm

I'll give the 6IV in...if for some reason the comment above didn't make that sufficiently clear...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Drilbur Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drilbur   [Finished] Drilbur Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Drilbur
Page 1 of 1