Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Doubles Support / Singles Trapping Set
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Bold
Item: Eviolite
IV spread: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Feather Dance
- Confuse Ray
- Perish Song (or TM Quash)
- Whirlwind (or TM Roost)

This set can be used either in doubles or singles. In doubles, Feather Dance lowers the opponents attack. Confuse Ray (or eventually Swagger via TM) is for confusion. Quash is there to ensure that faster threats will move last so Murkrow's partner can inflict damage first. The last move is basically filler. Perish Song and Whirlwind are still the egg moves of choice since Quash and Roost can be learned via TM. And anyone can just use heart scales to re-learn egg moves.

When used in singles, this set can also do well in conjunction with Mean Look, which it learns naturally. A Perish Trap strategy, along with priority Roost (TM) or Substitute (TM) as Bunselpower points out, could do wonders.

Set 2 : Attacker
Ability: Pranskter (Moxie for Honchkrow)
Nature: Adamant
Item: Dusk Stone (for Honchkrow)
IV spread: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Drill Peck
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Perish Song

Murkrow can also be an attacker so other sets may be possible too. Although, I think arguably the most common set includes Swagger (TM) + Foul Play (leveling-up).

Drill Peck and Brave Bird are decent Flying-type egg moves. You can choose to replace either one when you train the Murkrow depending if, as per ed819's suggestion, you like recoil or no recoil. The last two are basically filler and looking at Murkrow's egg move pool, those seem to be the best.

Progress

Set 1 is finished.

Set 2 is also finished.

Last edited by bash678 on Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Can we make the Perish Song/Mean Look/Eviolite Defensive set? That one is so much fun and pretty viable. I'd suggest adding Perish Song and Whirlwind as Egg moves.

Also, we need an additional one with Brave Bird for Honchkrow. That should be the flagship set imo.

In final, we can just supply one set and have people change the nature if they want (personally, I have the offensive set, but not the defensive one). I'd suggest a set just like you have, but with these egg moves.

Brave Bird, Featherdance, Perish Song, and Whirlwind (it gets +1 priority, so anything Murkrow outspeeds will be tossed out of there before it attacks). I'd drop Confuse Ray, like you said, Swagger is better anyway.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:32 pm

I can definitely add the Perish Song/Whirlwind egg moves to fill up the egg move slots and let the people decided whether or not they want to keep it when they train Murkrow (at least that egg move option will be there via Heart Scale). However, I feel that Mean Look/Perish Song seems more Mega Gengar's style.

As per suggestion, I added an attacking set Honchkrow.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:36 pm

I like Adamant( naughty for the assumed Heat Wave later on LOL) for Honchkrow, but again, that's a question for the community at large.

I agree, but Mega Gengar doesn't have priority Roost and Priority Substitute. Those two things with Eviolite almost ensure that you can trap something and stay alive to do it.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Is feather dance necessary on honchkrow? How about replacing it with drill peck? For those that don't like brave bird's recoil. But that's just me. Anyway, I have breeding rejects of murkrow with drill peck, whirlwind, perish song, brave bird egg moves if you need one.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:12 pm

I will admit, prankster feather dance seems pretty cool. I like it over drill peck, but either way.

The trapping set should be bold, but again, running out of sets. We need some other opinions on this one.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Oh, I was suggesting it for the honchkrow set, since honchkrow gets moxie.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:43 pm

Yeah ok. See what's going on now. Lol

I suggest moving the obvious not honchkrow egg moves to the other set for those that wasn't a trapping set.

Geez I need to get to a dang computer.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:54 am

Nice to see 2 different sets, Murkrow and Honchkrow are both very viable and totally separate. +1 to these sets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I updated the set for additional discussion. It seems the choice of nature still needs to be ironed out though. Does the community want to invest in Def or Special Def (particularly for the first set)?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:24 pm

I like defense more, because the thing that can beat this set is priority. This way, you take as little from it as possible. Any standard special attack you can beat it behind a sub.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:00 pm

You're right. Bold looks like the better nature for the first set. Even if people would eventually want to go for Foul Play, this move does not take into account Murkrow's decreased Attack Stat.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:55 am

Should I get started eventually, it's past 2 days? (i'm just waiting for approval). Based on these few posts, I think the popular choice is the first set. I'll run it as Bold nature and with the following egg moves: Feather Dance, Drill Peck, Perish Song, Whirlwind.

Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:18 am

If you are only doing the one set then Brave Bird > Drill Peck. However I think you should do both sets.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:06 am

I can do both sets. But I thought the new rule was just pick one set so as to prevent not having too many pokes to clone? Or has it changed?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:10 am

I think two sets are fine. I think the idea was not to make two sets that are really similar or where the poke only really has one viable set. But these two sets are going to be played very differently from one another, and I've personally seen both used to great success.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:16 am

Alright.Thanks. I'll get started on the two sets. I think I may already have an existing Murkrow with the egg moves.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Update: Set 1 is finished. For Set 2, I'll stick with Adamant.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Very good. Nice work with the first, can't wait to use that.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Update: Both Murkrow sets are finished.

Set 1: Pranskter, Bold with Eviolite (Perish Song, Whirlwind, Confuse Ray, Feather Dance)
Set 2: Prankster, Adamant with Dusk Stone (Perish Song, Whirlwind, Drill Peck, Brave Bird)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:23 pm

Awesome job.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Do you have the pokemon bred and finished up? To speed up the distribution process, we will be collecting the completed pokemon as they get finished, so let's coordinate the transfer of this pokemon over to me (or any cloner) at your nearest convenience. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 11, 2014 5:46 am

Yes, Murkrow is finished. I can transfer it over to you when you're online. Thanks. I can also do the same to Yamask.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 11, 2014 9:10 am

Cool, are you online now?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:45 am

csidun wrote:
Cool, are you online now?

Oops, sorry I just read this. I am online now. I'll add you.

So I bred 3 Pokemon in total, two of which have two sets.

So that's 2 Murkrows, 2 Yamasks, and 1 Eevee (Umbreon). Since you're the cloner, it's your discretion if you want to accept the other sets or just 1 set of each, (to prevent the cloners from having to distribute too many Pokemon).
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:46 am

i'll take them all i guess!
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:47 am

csidun wrote:
i'll take them all i guess!

Alright. I'll be on in a few minutes. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:53 am

I have collected 2 sets of Murkrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Murkrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Murkrow   [Finished] Murkrow Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Murkrow
Page 1 of 1