80% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:40 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Lucky Bird
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Jolly
Item: Scope Lens
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: None
Egg Moves:
- Hypnosis
- Morning Sun
- Night Slash
- Wish

Because I'm breeding a Naive Male on the side for myself this Jolly one will be female Luxury Ball.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:58 pm

I really don't think this warrants 2 sets, since the 2nd set will be gimmicky at best.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Yeah I think only the first set is fine. Idk if jolly would be better though? I have no idea what that thing can outspeed.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Yeah I think only the first set is fine. Idk if jolly would be better though? I have no idea what that thing can outspeed.

It has an odd speed tier that outspeeds base 80s by 1 point when fully invested with a neutral nature. 285 Adamant 313 Jolly

From my experience though with its base 115 Attack the Power is worth it.

I can do both though as I'm looking for an excuse to do 2.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 pm

But... that base 115 attack does you little good when you are outspeed by those in base 90 speed because its hit with an electric attack and has base 55 Sp. Def...
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Poll is up Adamant vs Jolly.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:42 pm

do female pidove Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
do female pidove Very Happy

Well I'm doing Dusk b/c I'm doing male Pidove as I like the look of Dusk on Male Unfezant.

[Finished] Pidove Duskball[Finished] Pidove Unfezant[Finished] Pidove Duskball

Also I dont have alot of Pokes in Dusk Balls.

I was gonna do female with a 2nd set but seems noone wants one as it doesnt have any other options.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:52 am

Looks like Jolly wins, thought the one I already had was Adamant but turns out it was Jolly too so guess it makes it easier for me as it has all the EMs except Morning Sun and the Dusk Ball.

I'll start on this in a bit. Shouldnt take me too long.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Just a thought I had been running some Calcs and although this is extremely gimmicky I just wanted to know what you guys thought of a Naive Super Luck set?

A bit gimmicky. Its SpD gets lowered from 146 with Jolly to 131 with Naive. Was wondering if you guys think its worth it? I'm fine sticking with Jolly but I know after seeing these calcs I'm considering breeding a 2nd set for myself and am wondering if you guys want this one alone or this one as well or if I should stick with Jolly?

Lots of Heat Wave Crit calcs vs Steels:

It allows it to get 1-2HKOs on some steels in the tier you'll likely use it in and w/o it it cant even hope to 2HKO any of them and is forced to U-turn out. Catching them on the switch is what can win you games. Also at Lv 50 it does a bit more on all of these pokes. Gimmicky but its the only way to get past Steels.

Seems like a gimmicky but really fun surprise option and b/c its SpD is already pretty bad was wondering if you guys think we should consider Naive?

Though all hte above require a crit you get 50% crit on everything with Super Luck and most of the ones that are 2HKOd you can afford to not crit on one of the hits.

The bulkier steels you 3HKO sadly but I think being able to take on all of these Steels with a bit of luck when they normally would expect you to switch out is worth the loss of 15 points of Special Defense. I'll even tutor it Heat Wave before sending it to a cloner.

If you want to test these calcs I believe the best spread to test is:

Lv 100 252 Att / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
Lv 50 252 Att / 20 SpA / 236 Spe

Naive is only useful with Heat Wave though. Moves like Air Slash still arent worth using. Heat Wave hits something Unfezant normally cannot hit and is forced to switch out on.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:20 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
this is extremely gimmicky

i don't know if reading all of this is worth it
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:02 pm

You used gimmicky 4 times, once preceded by extremely. I think maybe we can do without two sets for the worst early flying type yet.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
You used gimmicky 4 times, once preceded by extremely. I think maybe we can do without two sets for the worst early flying type yet.

Proof you read, good enough for me.

Guess I'll just leave Naive for myself on the side. I want Naive to be the one I breed shiny so the Jolly one will be female Luxury Ball with the same EMs. The male I'll leave as what I want to do with it and use it as a Lure for Steel types. It does have the highest SpA of all the starter birds and its lack of coverage does lure Steel types in which is why I brought it up but not enough support so I'll just stick with the Jolly one. If anyone is crazy to want Naive though you can just PM me.

I used to use one of these in UU in an all Kalos team and thought of Heat Wave after all the times I've seen Metagross and 100% Crit Night Slash just wasnt enough to 2HKO.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 5:00 pm

I have to say I admire your passion.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:28 pm

This is done, took me a long time today to get that Naive 6IV Male for myself. Though once I finished I put my 3IV Female Lux Ball in from and first egg I got was a 5IV Jolly Female so that was some good luck.

As said if anyone likes the idea of using Unfezant to lure Steels for a Heat Wave and want to give Naive a try just PM me for a copy. As for distribution it'll be a female Jolly Super Luck one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Pidove Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pidove   [Finished] Pidove Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Pidove
Page 1 of 1