Bunselpower
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:57 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : The "Greatest of all Time"
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Adamant
Item: Weakness Policy
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Type (or Not Relevant)
Egg Moves:
-Aqua Jet
-Extreme Speed
-Iron Tail
-Haze

Set 2 : The not quite "Greatest of all Time"
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Specs
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Moves:
-Dragon Pulse
-Haze
-Extreme Speed
-Water Pulse

One of my favorite Pokemon ever. Adamant pretty much covers everything you want in this Pokemon with that priority.

On the special set, I have three egg moves and two slots. Extreme Speed would be nice to carry along, but for special, I guess Water Pulse and Dragon Breath (although worthless) are options. I'll put it to a vote.

EDIT: Going with Water Pulse/Extreme Speed for now.

Last edited by Bunselpower on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : If you have to ask, you don't belong.)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:17 am

Aqua Jet instead of Mist and other than that it's great.

Sure there's also the defensive sets, the special sets, and the jolly version of this set, but the only thing that changes is the nature so I don't think you really need to breed them.

Also, you really know how to make me get over my perfect-formatting OCD don't you? Using a Queen song... that's a low shot.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:17 am

I'm learning how to skirt the rules. Did I mis format something? Sorry if I did.

Also, is aqua jet ever going to be better than extreme speed? I mean this way the defensive set can have mist as an option down the line. That's why I did that.

Son of a... I didn't mean mist... I meant haze... dang it...
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:24 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Also, you really know how to make me get over my perfect-formatting OCD don't you? Using a Queen song... that's a low shot.

lol
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:41 am

I think the EMs should be Aqua Jet, E-Speed, Haze, and Mist/Iron Tail. Iron Tail is a tutor move but I'd slightly prefer it for relearnability as its useful for Fairies but it has Iron Head which may be better than Iron Tail.

Also how about a Bulky Dragonite? I've had alot of fun with Careful in the past.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:52 am

I'm not going to change the egg moves until someone convinces me otherwise. And blue, this is an X/Y breed, tutors don't exist.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:57 am

I think Aqua Jet over Dragon Pulse simply because it's a physical set, and even special sets are more likely to use Draco Meteor than Dragon Pulse. So I actually agree with Blue: Extreme Speed, Aqua Jet, Haze, Iron Tail. But ESpeed is the only one that really matters.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:04 am

Thank you Karp, makes sense I suppose. Still don't see the point when extreme speed is so much better.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:19 am

Here's a (very bad) reason: Talonflame.

But I guess you could make a second set (special) with Dragon Pulse because it would probably be useful too.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:24 am

Extreme speed hits equally hard, and out prioritizes from the get go with no boost for a choice band set. I agree, aqua jet is better if extreme speed isn't sitting there, but it is, and I just don't see the point.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:26 am

Aqua Jet would be good on a mixed rain set Very Happy

I just want Aqua Jet because it's too good of a move to just pass on.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:32 am

#TeamJet
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:34 am

Aqua jet in the rain: 60 base power.
Extreme speed in the rain: 80 base power.

Listen, I'm not against breeding it if everyone wants it. And I hate to put up a fight about it, because I don't care that much. But I want to make sure this isn't a for the heck of it egg move, or a pretty colors egg move.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:36 am

Alright, I'll make it aqua jet if both admins are for it.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:38 am

It is the most useful of its available EMs so I dont see why it shouldnt be on there imo Razz

Even if outclassed it doesnt have any better options.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 am

Hey Buns, my trusty Dragonite knows Extreme Speed and can relearn Aqua Jet if you need any help with them egg moves.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:49 am

I'll see how hard it is first, I don't suspect there's much to it.

Does anyone want a special set? I can breed one of people want it. Dragonite is one that could probably use an extra set.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:15 am

Special was good in the rain last gen. I guess the weather wars have died down now, but I'm still for it. Dat Thunder + STAB Hurricane.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:50 am

Yeah, Special set with Dragon Pulse
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:03 pm

I'll update when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:53 am

Oh yeah, there's a poll here, so vote on it fools.

Also Karp, I think I'll take you up on that dragonite, I'll be on at about 330 central us, if you see zoid around, just give it to him and I'll grab it then.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:22 am

I won't be around this evening, but I can get it to him tomorrow.

(Also the OP still says Mist, not Haze Razz)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:25 am

I know, I forgot to change it.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:22 am

Zoid has it. That's the dragonite that's gonna help me break 84 in the maison, so don't tinker with it. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:27 am

I'll relearn aqua jet and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:28 am

Already did it for ya.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:31 am

Then I won't touch it.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:31 am

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty

Bunselpower wrote:
Then I won't touch it.

*poke*
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:49 am

Why not Haze? Its much more useful than Mist on both sets.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:32 am

Seriously? You couldn't read up just a few posts?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:37 am

Wait, I put mist on both?

*invents portal gun to most efficiently punch self in face*
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:54 am

Alright, looks like a tie between Dragon Breath and Water Pulse. Since Dragon Pulse is better than Dragon Breath, and Water Pulse is a water move and can confuse, I'm going to make an executive decision for now to breed with Extreme Speed and Water Pulse.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:16 pm

With an imperfect 5 iv male Dratini and a 2 iv ditto, I have a perfect on the 4th egg. This is done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Dratini   [Finished] Dratini Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Dratini
Page 1 of 1