Bunselpower
Dragon-Flower
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 3:11 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : VGC Competitive
Ability: Competitive
Nature: Modest
Item: Life Orb
IV spread: 31/even/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass
Egg Moves:
-Haze
-Mirror Coat
-Confuse Ray
-Hypnosis

Set 2 : Singles Defensive
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Type (or Not Relevant)
Egg Moves:
-Haze
-Hypnosis
-Confuse Ray
-Mirror Coat

Tell me if you guys don't like the egg moves. We need a VGC set cuz it's dominating right now in there , and a singles set if you guys want .

Last edited by Dragon-Flower on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:25 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:23 am

I think bold is the best nature here, since its job is going to be phasing out or shutting down setup sweepers, most of which are physical and its special bulk is plenty good. I always liked the rest talk sets with dragon tail because sleep boosts its defense. And I wouldn't run flame orb on it, boosting defense is a lot less effective when you lose leftovers and start losing one eighth.

Im not sure what this "vgc" is, but it seems to be ok as well.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:45 am

Yeah, bold for the 2nd one.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:48 am

But Cute Charm... Sad
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:13 am

Bunselpower wrote:
I think bold is the best nature here, since its job is going to be phasing out or shutting down setup sweepers, most of which are physical and its special bulk is plenty good. I always liked the rest talk sets with dragon tail because sleep boosts its defense. And I wouldn't run flame orb on it, boosting defense is a lot less effective when you lose leftovers and start losing one eighth.  

Im not sure what this "vgc" is, but it seems to be ok as well.

I agree, i just wanted to make sure to cover all bases

also this 'vgc' is the only valid tier Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:14 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
But Cute Charm... Sad

You're right, this thing deserves three sets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:28 am

Real Justification for competitive: Intimidate is EVERYWHERE, with most teams carrying one or two mons (in VGC2015) it's great for when you don't wanna use bisharp or need something that isn't OHKO'd by earthquake if it isn't holding a focus sash. I use one on my main vgc team, it's rilli gut.

Marvel Scale: at this point i don't see why anyone would will-o-wisp or toxic you when you have a milotic on your team (hence why it's UU now i assume), but it still works well with sleep talk or whatever you call it + in general a pretty good defensive pogeyman that has good special defense without investment.

Cute Charm: you couldn't get ur hands on the other two Razz

(really though iv'e never ever seen one lol)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:32 am

Oh I wasn't doubting the merits of competitive, I am fully aware of intimidate spam. Definitely its most useful set.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:38 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Oh I wasn't doubting the merits of competitive, I am fully aware of intimidate spam. Definitely its most useful set.

oh i know you know lol, it was mostly for saying why the other two are more useful in battle than Cute Charm, although seeing as it's the HA, idk D: maybe it could be more useful to others.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:41 am

Ah, so that was a shot at Mc...

Carry on.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:42 am

I think the first set should use a Hidden Power. Otherwise its coverage is limited to Water, Ice, and Dragon Pulse (which it shouldnt run as coverage when it has Ice Beam).

Haze, Dragon Pulse, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis, Mirror Coat

I like these EMs. Not too big of a fan for relearnable Dragon Pulse, especially for the defensive set where if you are using it it is kinda a waste of a slot. Also I would imagine Bold might want Hypnosis as well and I want to give a mention to Dragonbreath. Gimmicky but its the Dragon type version of Scald although a bit weaker and that Paralysis can help it be like Para-shuffle Dragonite though its probably less reliable and more gimmicky but wanted to give it a mention though it might not fit as the above 4 minus Dragon Pulse are what I believe are the best options for the defensive set.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:48 am

I was thinking of suggesting a possible hidden power but i didn't know exactly what, i'm not yet familiar with Milotic's main threats in VGC2015, and also i meant to put hypnosis on the bold one, thanks for pointing that out. I'll let everyone else look at the EM's since they never get used most of the time in doubles anyway (so i didn't have to originally breed them).

I do agree we should consider a hidden power, any ideas guys?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:54 am

Blue, I admire how excited you get for pokemon, I really do. But you do realize that you just made a complex/compound sentence with 7 transition words and no commas, right?

I do agree with hidden power. I'm going with either grass or electric, leaning toward grass. Both provide excellent coverage.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:58 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Blue, I admire how excited you get for pokemon, I really do. But you do realize that you just made a complex/compound sentence with 7 transition words and no commas, right?

I do agree with hidden power. I'm going with either grass or electric, leaning toward grass. Both provide excellent coverage.

I counted 3 commas though Very Happy

And yeah I'd lean on HP Grass as well.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Gimmicky but its the Dragon type version of Scald although a bit weaker and that Paralysis can help it be like Para-shuffle Dragonite though its probably less reliable and more gimmicky but wanted to give it a mention though it might not fit as the above 4 minus Dragon Pulse are what I believe are the best options for the defensive set.

Huge ass sentence, no commas.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:10 pm

I was thinking of pointing that out but i didn't want to seem rude again since he was fixing stuff i should have spotted....but yeah, pls man, it hurts a little to read Sad
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:50 pm

I vote bold for the 2nd set
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 5:21 am

I also vote Bold for the defensive set.

For Grass HP, you need: 31/even/31/30/31/31. Zoid has a Ditto I believe.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Just checking if everything in the OP is ok???
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Looks good to me.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:00 pm

sorry this is taking so long guys, i broke my 3DS a while ago and it took me a while to find my product protection thing. One month left on it :'D they didn't have regular ones left so they gave me a 3DS with mario bros 2 pre-installed Very Happy

problem: is the mario thing linked to the SD card? o.o
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:00 pm

oh and of course i'll get this done soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:18 pm

Nice dude. Also, don't worry about it, everyone is really busy.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:58 pm

I can't do a system transfer

which means i lost everything apparently

my vivillon eggs ;W;
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Oh geez, that's the worst.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 8:18 pm

/me wonders if you had any Dragon/Flying eggs collected that I didn't have... and then doesn't look in fear of the answer
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 8:36 pm

Oh no, that would be really bad. Well, mine are good because I still have them.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:28 am

Isnt Pokebank tied to your account rather than your 3DS? Have you tried logging in then accessing it yet?

Also you cant transfer? Wonder why that is.

In case you want to try again:

Thats sad to hear No
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:22 pm

I don't have the old 3DS because i needed to give it in as an exchange for the replacement (i originally thought they would have repaired it but nu Sad)

i had the farfetch'd and the starly which i don't think i gave to you zoid D:

also i don't think i can log in since i didn't log out of the old nintendo 3DS and you can only use an NNID on one 3DS at a time. All I can do now is email nintendo in hopes that they'll help me get my old NNID, help me find a way to do a system transfer without the old 3DS (unlikely but i still have the old SD card), or help me delete the old NNID so i can reuse my email for a new one.

i'm gonna have to play through all of my games again so it's gonna be a little while (atleast X). Someone's probably gonna have to take over feebas (Sad one of meh favurites) tak gut car of it Sad
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Someone's probably gonna have to take over feebas (Sad one of meh favurites) tak gut car of it Sad

Considering pokemon are still being done... I'm pretty sure if you take a week or so, no one will care. Think a lot of people have a lot going on right now (thus the slow-down), but if you really need someone to take it over, I'd take it, and be super super evil kind to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:39 pm

That must suck, having to lose everything and start from scratch. But don't worry, we'll cover what needs to be covered. And as Zoid says, you still have time to restart your game.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 6:47 pm

School starts this week, and seeing as that's four breeds, i doubt it (there's two feebas). not to mention i need to complete the game first. So many lost flags D:
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:49 pm

Can someone PLEASE trade with me i managed to finally find an old file (crappy but still) with the vivillon eggs but not much else, i might do another run through of the main story after it since the file isn't worth working from, but i should send my scatterbug eggs to someone who will not hatch or kill them until the squad needs them.

like pls guys
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 3:53 pm

Hey Dragon,

I can help. I won't hatch them.

UPDATE: I have all 18 Vivillon eggs from Dragon. I won't hatch them. I'll hand them over when they're ready to be distributed.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:27 pm

zoid have you started either of the 2 sets yet or am I free to take over both?

In the case of the latter I have a couple of suggestions before I breed them I'd like to see opinions on. I wouldn't mind sticking to what is in the main post but I want to bring them up regardless and would require feedback before I start breeding Feebas.

Suggested Changes (only 1 EM each):
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:38 pm

You really can't change it now, since the waiting period ended. But seeing as you did suggest mirror coat over dragon pulse a while back and everyone ignored it, and given the weirdness that has ensued, I will support changing that, because I actually agree, dragon pulse is terrible coverage.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Darn really wanted Dragonbreath.

Well noticed my current Milotic has Confuse Ray/Haze/Hypnosis and ... Dragon Pulse

So even if I do Mirror Coat on both it would be an improvement compared to what I have now and all I need to do is use an Alomomola as the father and I'll finish both of them quickly.

Just need zoid to confirm which one he has(n't) done.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyTue May 12, 2015 1:15 pm

Eh, dragon breath isn't that reliable anyway.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyTue May 12, 2015 1:43 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Just need zoid to confirm which one he has(n't) done.

Dragon said he'd do them, so I didn't take it over. You'd have to ask him
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Well I have parents so Dragon if your not gonna do them or want to use my parents just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:10 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Well I have parents so Dragon if your not gonna do them or want to use my parents just let me know.

go right ahead if you wanna do these, i thought i'd have time but i haven't picked up my 3DS since i traded bash the vivillons for safeguarding.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:22 pm

Both Modest HP Grass and Bold are done.

Someone please change Dragon Pulse to Mirror Coat on Modest in the main post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Feebas Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Feebas   [Finished] Feebas Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Feebas
Page 1 of 1